£300.00 - £450.00 per day + £competitive
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an Interim Closedown/End of Year Accountant to join an organisation in Cambridgeshire. This is a crucial, new role within the structure and gives the successful applicant the chance to add real value to the existing team during a crucial time of year.
Key responsibilities of the Closedown Accountant:
- Leading the year end process
- Liaising with the National Audit Office (NAO) and ensuring all necessary documentation is available for audit
- Working as an intermediary to explain any variance analysis
- Preparation, reviewing, sense checking and proof reading of final accounts
- Reviewing the accounts to ensure conformity with the Government Financial Reporting Manual (FReM)
- Supporting colleagues in the resolution of accounting and budgetary issues
- Responsible for the primary ledgers, financial controls, production and reconciliation of the balance sheet
- Provision of technical accounting and possibly budgetary advice
- Preparing adjusting journals as necessary
- Being the main point of contact for auditors
- Leading the group consolidations
- Ensuring the delivery against the audit schedules and timelines
The successful Closedown Accountant will have the following experience:
- Evidence of focusing on Balance Sheets, cheques, reports and Trial Balance
- Must have Year End experience
- Evidence of working within the Public/Local Authority Sector
- Development and delivery of process improvements
- Ideally be working towards professional accounting qualifications such as CIMA or ACCA or equivalent
- Experience with transactional and balance sheet reconciliation tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- External audit background
- Self-starter experienced in assisting with year-end and liaising with auditors
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience using an accounting system
We are offering a competitive day rate of £300-£450 per day depending on experience.
This really is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that are recognised as being one of the best establishments in their Sector. There are fantastic opportunities available for the right candidate in the medium to long-term future, and this is certainly one not to be missed.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Rebecca Dawson at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.