Locum Corporate Solicitor
South East England, England
£42 - £48 per hour
0161 834 1642
Locum Corporate Solicitor
Duration: 12 months
This role will be conducted mostly remotely however some attendance at meetings will be required.
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting an experienced Corporate Solicitor on behalf of a Local Authority in the South East. This role would be up to 12 months in duration and would be to start as soon as possible.
The purpose of the role is to provide a high quality and timely legal service relating to all aspects of (including strategic advice) corporate and information law with a specialist focus on strategic portfolio advice across a range of topics, decision making, major project advice and information governance and Member and Local Government Ombudsman complaints advice on behalf of the authority.
- To be responsible for a personal caseload, including local government decision making, strategic portfolio advice, major projects, complaints and information governance projects.
- To participate effectively in the delivery of the wider Corporate Legal Team's workload or on such projects and case work as directed by either the Senior Solicitor or Service Lead: Legal Services Partnership on behalf of the local authority.
- To advise, assist and deliver all aspects of corporate and information governance work (including major projects as allocated by the Senior Solicitor or Service Lead).
- To advise all staff on all aspects of local government decision making, major projects, complaints, information governance and other relevant matters.
- To provide legal advice and support as required to the Executive, Members and Officers on legal and administrative aspects of the Council's duties and responsibilities.
- The successful candidate will be either a Solicitor / Barrister / Qualified Lawyer.
- Ideally have previous experience of working through a significant period of change in a complex politically sensitive environment.
- To demonstrate experience and understanding of the need for political sensitivity and awareness.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for the position of Corporate Solicitor, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester office for further information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.