Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Up to £32000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a well established housing association to recruit two Procurement Advisors on a permanent basis. The Procurement Advisors will be responsible for delivering a high quality, cost effective, customer focused procurement service.
Successful candidates should be committed to providing the highest possible standard of service to customers and giving guidance, support and direction as appropriate to colleagues throughout the business.
- Contribute to the future direction and success of the Directorate through the delivery of procurement services
- Provide support as required to the Group Procurement Manager in the delivery of the Group Procurement Strategic Plan
- Play a significant role personally in respect of the specification, tendering, negotiation, awarding and monitoring of major contracts and in some aspects of corporate purchasing activity
- Carrying out the necessary due diligence to ensure supplier and contractors utilised by the group are suitable to deliver the required goods, services and works.
Key skills and experience:
- A strong record of demonstrable achievement in making a difference and service improvement in an organisation in the delivery of procurement advice and support
- Experience of procuring complex and business critical contracts within a public sector environment
- Experience of accurately defining business needs and identifying appropriate procurement routes, including pricing and evaluation mechanisms, contractual terms, risk management techniques and contingency planning
- Knowledge of current and future challenges facing the procurement function
- Newcastle based with significant flexibility to work from home or from other offices in the region
- 37 Hours per week with ability to work flexibly
- Generous benefits package including 26 days annual leave on commencement rising to 31 days after 3 years' service, occupational pension, flexi-time scheme, health cash plan, and birthday leave, with the option of a flexible pot towards enhanced benefits
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.
looking to develop their career in an ambitious and fast-growing Northern Housing Association Group.