Upload the featured image here!
Since first establishing in 2002, giving back to the community has always been a priority of Sellick Partnership. Across the UK we work with a wide range of regional and national charities and we encourage all of our staff to get involved as much as possible.
Each year, we encourage our people to participate in a volunteer day where they can devote their time to helping to support a great cause within their local community.
Our chosen charities for 2019/20 are:
- me&dee - this Derby based charity provides holidays for adults and children facing life threatening and life shortening conditions. The charity was formed to create special moments and memories to ensure both children and adults share distinctive experiences when time is precious. Find out more about me&dee on their website.
- The Lord's Taverners - this is the UK's leading youth cricket and disability sports charity that is dedicated to giving disadvantaged and disabled young people a sporting chance. Find out more about The Lord's Taverners on their website.
- St Ann's Hospice - named as one of the oldest hospices in the country, St Ann's Hospice cares for and helps around 3,000 patients and their families and carers every year who are affected by life-limiting illnesses. The hospice delivers care that is special and unique to each individual person, free of charge. Visit their website for more information.
- Once Upon a Smile - was founded in Manchester in 2011 by Daniel Jillings and Danny Miller to provide emotional and practical support to bereaved families after it became apparent that there was a lack of support for families after the death of a loved one.
- Alder Hey Children's Charity - this Liverpool based charity helps to fund a range of activities and projects that are designed to enhance and improve the lives of young patients. This includes the funding of specialist medical equipment to ensure their surgeons and clinical staff have the most up-to-date and cutting edge technology available and funding hi-tech distraction equipment designed and proven to reduce pain and anxiety in patients.
- Anxious Minds - this amazing cause was founded in Newcastle in 2015 to help improve the mental well-being of people living in the North East. Their mission is to provide first-class support and education to individuals to help them manage and recover from mental health issues, specialising in anxiety and depression.
- The Great North Children's Hospital - is a referral centre in Newcastle. The hospital is managed by the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and is a teaching hospital for the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and is one of only 14 such children's hospitals of its kind in the United Kingdom.
- Leeds Children's Charity - this Leeds based charity works alongside Lineham Farm Children’s Centre to ensure that young people in need are supported. Leeds Children’s Charity creates happy childhood memories for the neediest of families, with fun-filled, week long breaks.
- Treetops Hospice Care - Treetops Hospice in Derby provides nursing care and emotional support for adults and their families in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.