Manchester, Greater Manchester
£80000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Group Head of Tax for a leading Financial Services Business in Greater Manchester. The business has rapidly grown through organic growth and acquisition and boasts a range of services.
Reporting into an impressive Group Treasurer you will be responsible for the groups tax planning, reporting and compliance across multiple geographies. You will work with a range of finance teams both in the UK and internationally ensuring all governance obligations are adhered to as well as, maintaining and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage the corporate Tax, including the optimisation of the group position where appropriate
- Develop and implement a group tax strategy
- Drafting board paperwork highlighting any tax issues for the group, and presenting these at board meetings if required
- Ensure all tax governance is adhered too, looking to embed formal procedures for both the UK and overseas jurisdictions
- Develop the recognition methodology, calculation and management of deferred tax assets and liabilities
- Work with a range of senior stakeholders to implement compliance and offer advice where needed. Working with the board to mitigate any potential issues
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CTA) either making their first move from practice or coming from a similar role, who wants to join a growing business. You will have a broad range of exposure, managing overseas tax structuring, tax reporting and compliance across both direct and indirect taxation.
Ideally you will have experience within Financial Services and international tax. You will be able to communicate with a range of stakeholders and present information to non-financial senior management members. A broad tax experience would benefit this role removing the need for extensive external advisory support.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Selina Weldon at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.