Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum
3 months ago
Interim Purchase Ledger Manager - Manchester
Excellent opportunity for a professional interim to join a market leading business to support them during a transitional period. This role is for an inital 3 month period with a view of extending. The ideal candidate is someone who can manage workload, prioritise and is familiar with and can deal with transaction processing, query resolutions, supplier statement reconciliation, payment preparation and allocation, payment processing including BACS, Online banking in both GBP and FX.
* Deliver timely and accurate input, processing and checking of supplier invoices - both hands-on and supervising/balancing workloads of other team members
* Liaison with operational teams to resolve both internal and external queries proactively and efficiently with a high standard of customer service
* Allocation of payments/reconciling supplier payments to invoices
* Preparing and processing of weekly BACS/Online banking payments, bank transfers, foreign currency payments
* Preparing short-term weekly cashflow projection
* Reconciliation of bank accounts
* Set up of new supplier accounts and maintaining on the system
* Assisting with VAT quarterly submissions and over time payroll month end duties
* Supervision of team members (3 directly, 2 indirectly) to deliver all the above
* Covering for others in the team during holidays
Proven Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience essential with a minimum of 3 years' experience
* Strong reconciliation background
* Knowledge of BACS payments essential
* Demonstrable experience of book-keeping
* Knowledge of SAGE Line 50
* Experience of a freight forwarding/shipping environment desirable
* Good standard of education with literacy and numeracy (A Level, AAT L3 or QBE)
* A good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Excel
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic
* Analytical, articulate, methodical and well organised with an ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
* Accurate & efficient in their work, with excellent attention to detail
* Ability to supervise work of others and provide guidance, support and development
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills, and confidence to liaise with people at all levels
* Ability to work within strict deadlines
Please apply now should you have the relevant experience.
Candidates without the required experience will not be reviewed for the position.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.