City of London, London
5 months ago
Reserving Actuarial Analyst sought for a leading General Insurer who are looking to bolster their team following a period of sustained growth.
Our client is looking for a confident and innovative analyst seeking to develop a career in Personal Lines Insurance.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to become a fully-qualified Actuary and our client is happy to offer a full study package as well as hands on development from Senior Actuaries.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Reserving Actuarial Analyst include:
- Providing actuarial analysis to support the assessment of claims risks.
- Developing tools to support business planning.
- Working on Pricing projects with the aim of having a direct impact on profitability.
- Produce timely and accurate actuarial management information that is relevant to stakeholders.
- Supporting the Head of department in ensuring key controls are exercised to mitigate risks.
- Use data pro-actively in order to support Underwriting and Claims functions.
- Enhance automation capabilities with adoption of new software, tools and analytical techniques
Preferable Qualities of the Reserving Actuarial Analyst
- Personal Lines background is essential - Preferably Motor or Home products
- Experience within Pricing, Reserving or Capital Modelling
- Proficiency using ResQ or similar is desirable but not essential
Requirements of the Reserving Actuarial Analyst:
- A mathematical or statistical degree graded at least 2:1.
- If working towards an IFoA Fellowship, Good progress should already have been made.
- Working knowledge of SAS, R or Python.
- Strong Communication skills are essential to be able to explain technical Actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
- Excellent time keeping skills and the ability to work under pressure
Benefits of the Reserving Actuarial Analyst:
- Full Actuarial Study Package
- Flexible/Remote working options
- Generous bonus and Pension Scheme
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell 10 days
- Numerous other benefits
For further information, please apply below with your CV or contact Josh Spencer on 0151 224 1480 or at email@example.com
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.