by Michael Bailey | 19 February 2019
Are you a commercially minded legal professional who is short on time but needs to stay on top of current trends, challenges and competitor activity for the good of your business? Twitter is a great way for you to stay ahead of the game, and get the insights and industry know-how you need to succeed. Give these Twitter accounts a follow today, and start engaging with some of the best of your legal profession.
As the number of solicitors qualified to work in England and Wales continue to rocket (up a massive 36% from ten years ago) and the demand for commercially minded lawyers outstrips supply, the need to save time becomes an essential trait for lawyers.
Plus, increasingly, our clients are seeking legal candidates who are aware of current affairs, trends, challenges and competitor activity and who can apply this knowledge to make strategic decisions and contribute to the growth of their organisation.
However, with 270 million Twitter users as of January 2019, and the average lawyer we work with having a large workload and very little time, it can often be difficult to sift through the thousands of accounts relevant to you. To give you a helping hand, we have listed the top Twitter accounts most useful to legal professionals who need to be commercially focussed.
1. @Lawsocgazette – Law Society Gazette’s official Twitter page offers a concise feed featuring top daily legal headlines along with links to a range of topics such as opinion pieces on Brexit’s impact on the legal sector, reports on work/life balance for solicitors and even careers advice for practising solicitors.
4. @Legal500 – Legal 500 is a leading guide to law firms and solicitors in the UK. More than four million users visit The Legal 500 website and their Twitter account is a great spot for all the latest news, industry rankings and resources. A must for any legal professional!
5. @TheLawyermag – The Lawyer Magazine's official feed is full of news, events and insights within the legal sector across the glove. A highly respected publications, and one almost every legal professional will find interesting. A great resource if you want to keep up-to-date!
6. @JoshuaRozenberg –Joshua is Britain's best-known commentator on the law. He previously trained as a Lawyer and transitioned to a BBC journalist and regularly comments on breaking legal stories. Top tip, check out Joshua’s followers if you want to expand your reach and network with legal professionals across the globe!
7. @GdnLaw – Arguably the best of the national press, The Guardian Law’s Twitter feed features breaking legal news from both the UK and international markets, highlighting prominent legal professionals and offers careers advice.
9. @Legalcheek – Legal Cheek’s Twitter feed provides comic relief for those in the legal sector, often highlighting the latest news with a humorous perspective. We love their weekly roundup of legal news every Monday!
10. @GlobalLegalPost – Global Legal Post provides an excellent rundown of the globes legal news, analysis and events.
11. @fdelond – Prof Fiona de Londras is a human rights lawyer with a great reputation and following. She is a practicing lawyer, self-proclaimed feminist and immigrant and is the current Professor if Global Legal Studies Birmingham University. Tweeting about everything from Brexit to abortion law, her feed is sure worth a follow.
12. @SellickGroup – no legal Twitter list would be complete without our own Twitter page! Our legal community follows us to stay-up-to-date with the legal jobs market, get the latest insights from our expert legal recruitment consultants and news related to the legal sector. Be sure to follow us for the latest news , events , press coverage and legal jobs.
If you found this blog useful and are looking for a new legal opportunity we would love to hear from you. Check out our latest legal jobs today, or contact me directly by calling 0161 834 1642 or email me on email@example.com.