If you are a Housing & Property Services professional then it is important to keep yourself informed of all the latest developments and issues that could affect, and are affecting, your sector. This is particularly important if you are looking for your next career move, as more and more employers are seeking candidates who can demonstrate their knowledge of current affairs, trends and any upcoming legislation.
Check out our list of the top Twitter accounts to follow, keep yourself up-do-date and ensure you are ready to impress and secure your next housing job.
Twitter has fast become one of the most important social media platforms for followers to find up-to-date information, news, commentary and insights on pretty much any sector, and the Housing & Property Services sector is no different.
By following the right Twitter accounts within the housing sector, you can gather valuable information, discover breaking news and read in-depth commentary and analysis on the issues of the day. Not only will this improve your knowledge of the sector, but it could help you impress at interview or even uncover an opportunity you think is perfect for you!
Read on to discover the top Twitter accounts most useful for candidates in Housing & Property Services sector.
- @NHMFOfficial – The NHMF (National Housing Maintenance Forum) is the social housing sector's leading source of good practice in the fields of maintenance and asset management.
- @natfednews – The National Housing Federation is the voice of affordable housing in England. By following The National Housing Federation’s Twitter feed you’ll find out up-to-date information about issues that affect housing associations.
- @CIHhousing – The Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) is the professional body for people who work in housing, with members worldwide. The CIH regularly tweets about industry news and reports, training and events.
- @insidehousing – Inside Housing is a leading weekly magazine for the UK social housing sector and is a great resource for news, analysis, data and expert opinion.
- @jules_birch – Jules Birch is the editor of Welsh Housing Quarterly, blogger for Inside Housing and also a freelance writer who specialises in housing and social policy issues. His Twitter feed is a great resource for accessing reading his articles, and those of his peers, in one spot.
- @HenryPryor – regarded as 'the BBC’s favourite property expert', buying agent Henry Pryor shares news and information about property, as well as providing market commentary, trivia and housing data.
- @PropertyJourn – Graham Norwood is a property writer who shares news and information affecting the housing sector from the letting and estate agency world.
- @ifmnet – This is the official Twitter feed for i.FM, a news and market intelligence site, which shares daily news, features, comment, research and information resource for facilities management and property professionals in the UK and Europe.
- @LQHomesMatter – LQ Homes is a leading charitable housing association and developer that tweets about upcoming events, in-house news and research.
- @HomesEngland – Homes England is the government’s housing accelerator, with the goal of ‘Making Homes Happen’ to help improve neighbourhoods and grow communities. Follow the account to find out about company news and upcoming property development projects.
- @TimesProperty – If you were in need of some inspiration, you can follow the Times newspaper's award-winning homes supplement for 'facts, figures and fantasies from the world of property'.
- @HousingMagazine – Social Housing is the housing sector's business magazine, and their Twitter account is a great resource for company news, events, data analysis and commentary.
- @PropertyWeek – Property Commercial is a news magazine that provides news, commentary, analysis and insights about the commercial and residential property market. Property Week’s Twitter account is a great place to dig deeper into this sector.
- @Shelter – The housing and homelessness charity that is currently campaigning for more social housing. Shelter’s Twitter account posts information about upcoming events, how to get involved, plus news and updates from the charity.
- @luhc - The Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities. You can follow theTwitter feed to find out what they are up to in their mission to create communities where people want to live and work together, and to empower local people to shape what happens in their area.
- @NRLAssociation – The NRLA (National Residential Landlords Association) is the leading landlord association, owned and trusted by over 35,000 members. NRLA’s Twitter account shares news and information about issues affecting landlords.
- @SellickGroup – no list compiling the Housing & Property Services accounts to follow would be complete without our own Twitter page! Be sure to follow us for the latest housing news, housing events, press and housing jobs.
Check out our candidates page for more content on how to use social media in your job search or to develop your online brand. Alternatively, to kick-start your career view our latest housing and property service jobs here, or contact a member of the team directly for a confidential chat!